|JeuxvideoPC > DOWNLOADS > Fallout 3 > Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) v1.0|
FOSE v1 does not have support for the latest 1.5 Fallout patch. To use this version, download FOSE v1.1 beta 6 or later.
The Fallout Script Extender, or FOSE for short, is a modder's resource that expands the scripting capabilities of Fallout 3. It does so without modifying the Fallout3.exe or the G.E.C.K. files on disk, so there are no permanent side effects.
This is a stable and supported release of FOSE, so modders are free to release mods based upon it.
FOSE v1 provides official support for:
Retail DVD and Steam build 220.127.116.11.
GECK build 18.104.22.168.
FOSE does not support:
Retail DVD and Steam build 22.214.171.124 (the original pre-patch version of Fallout)
Retail DVD and Steam build 126.96.36.199 (the 1.0 patched version of Fallout)
Russian DVD version of Fallout 3 (it uses Starforce encryption on Fallout3.exe)
Direct2Drive version of Fallout 3 (it encrypts the Fallout3.exe)
Polish DVD version of Fallout 3 (it uses SafeDisc copy protection on the Fallout3.exe)
FOSE is compatibile with version 188.8.131.52 of Fallout 3 from a retail DVD or Steam.
FOSE is compatible with the 184.108.40.206 G.E.C.K.
* FOSE is not compatible with the original, unpatched DVD or Steam version.
* FOSE is not compatibile with the patched 220.127.116.11 version of Fallout.
* FOSE may not work with the German "no gore" version of Fallout. This is currently under investigation.
* FOSE is not compatible with the Direct2Drive (D2D) or the Russian version of Fallout 3 protected by StarForce. FOSE will never be compatible with these versions, as they are encrypted and it would be illegal to break the encryption.
* FOSE is currently incompatible with Windows Live, so when running via fose_loader.exe, Live will be disabled. It appears that Live periodically checks the cryptographic signature of the Fallout runtime. If the signature doesn't validate properly, Live fails. Support is currently under investigation. It will still work fine when run without FOSE, so don't worry about issues if future features end up being tied to Live (buying DLC, etc).
This initial release adds 189 new scripting functions including:
- basic input functions based on DX scancodes
- basic form list functions
- debugging console functions
- various weapon and inventory item Get and Set functions
- script versions of several console functions
- Looping functions (Label, Goto)
- get and set game setting and INI functions
- loaded mod informtion functions
- reference walking functions
- Basic UI Functions (GetUIFloat, SetUIFloat, SetUIString)
- basic math and bit flag functions
- GetGameRestarted, GetGameLoaded
- temporary base form cloning functions